Monday, February 3, 2014

Heading out the door

Just about to head out the door to meet Coltan's surgeon today and see what the plan will be regarding surgery and flying. But I just wanted to share with you something that occurred to me last night and reinforced this morning.

Last night as I was in the shower, feeling the water hit my head and face, it made me think of how the water seemed like the stress in my life. And there is so much with having sick children. But God's grace is like an umbrella that prevents the water from drowning me. I can still feel the water hitting the umbrella, but it's not killing me. His grace is enough.

This morning as I was reading my bible app on my phone (which by the way has been my saving grace many a day) this is the verse that popped up:

Psalm 5:11-12

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Surely Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

It seems as though the 'umbrella' that I feel is my shield. My protection. Keeping the faith.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment